This message is from: saskia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jon,

>Unna mainly means "away from; clear of; out from under" all of which can
>apply to horses especially the last one! "Unn" is sometimes used as a
>feminine name.
what a strange name... I always pronounced it "Oona", but maybe it should
have been "Unna" like in "dun"?
When I bought her, I didn't like the name "Unna" and I decided to call
her "Winnie". And then my aunt, through Irish friends, discovered that
"Unna" was a name they use in Ireland and that it was translated to
"Winnie" in English. Strange! But "Winnie" didn't sound like her, so
after some days of "Winnie-ing" I decided it was Unna and the name was
perfect for her. But I wasn't sure it was a Norwegian name, so thank you
very much for the information!

>A native Norwegian could help more. I should ask my father. He is from
>Bergen.
is Ofjord a common Norwegian name? It must be wonderful to be called so!
Did you grow up in Bergen? It must be very beautiful!

Saskia

  • Unna Jon A. Ofjord
    • Re: Unna saskia