This message is from: Cynthia_Madden/OAA/UNO/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Allison,
I have been luckier than you. I have worked with a dressage instructor and
now good friend for about seven years. She is into dressage, not into
competition, and loves my Morgan (not normally through to be dressage
phenomenons). She knows Tank and in fact helped me pick  him out. She will
work with us to do whatever his build and mind-set (and mine,also) allow us
to acheive. Her best dressage horse was a Saddlebred!  She only laughs with
Tank. I think that whenever one choses an instructor or trainer that it is
important to find someone who is flexible and open-minded but very
competent. That is why I have not found many I like. But the three women we
work with now under saddle and in driving are really great and meet our
criteria. They have also all become good friends of ours.

I am constantly surprised by people who find it odd that we still work with
instructors and trainers. I find it surprising that anyone around horses
thinks that don't need to have someone to help them and keep them on track.
You tend to become too comfortable with things when you don't have someone
to at least occassionally check you out and correct things that you have
just been too lazy to keep going or spot potential trouble or even suggest
improvements your horse - woman relationship.

Cynthia Madden, Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research
University of Nebraska at Omaha
[EMAIL PROTECTED]