This message is from: "the Sessoms'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here is the correspondence between Sue and I.  I have since received so
many requests for Sue's training post that I have divided it into 4
parts so I can post it to FjordHorse-L.  Hopefully I divided it in such
a way that it will print neatly.  They will follow this post.

the Sessoms' wrote:

> Sue, thank you so much for the post on training.  I have copied it and

> put it in my 'Blessed are the Foals' book.  May I have your permission

> to post the message below on FjordHorse-L and send the info on to
anyone
> who requests it?????  Thanks
>
> Sue Banks wrote and sent me a wonderful, too-long-for-the-list post
> about training a young horse to lead by natural horsemanship.  With
her
> permission, I will send this info to anyone else who would like to
read
> it.  Thanks for the help, Sue.  This will be a great help for Aagot
and
> me.
>
> Meredith Sessoms
> Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee USA
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> -  Dorina  -  NFR Aagot  - - -  Fjords
> -  Caper  -  Carly  -  Crickett  - - - Labradors

Sue wrote ...

I am very glad you found the information useful. You are certainly
welcome to post your message to the list, and if you don't mind, post
this response as well. I wish I had more time, as I always feel like I
have left something important out when I try to describe this different
Natural Horsemanship approach. Plus I am not a professional, so I am not

really experienced enough to teach it well. But I find that it has
worked so well for me, who is not a professional, that I feel the need
to share this with other people. I was blessed with finding a wonderful
trainer, who became my friend, that taught me so much (and my Fjords
taught him some new stuff). He died recently of Marphan's syndrome, a
genetic incurable problem, and sharing this teaching is my way of
keeping his gift to me alive.

So if you find I left something out, or perhaps you can add your own
insights, do so and pass it on. As I also mentioned, Pat Parelli's book
and his tape on the 7 Games cover so much good stuff that can be taught
from the ground, some stuff you can play with your baby horse that will
make your riding or driving so much better, when the time comes. I love
the "Parelli-isms", and one says, "Play with your horse and work on
yourself". Enjoy your Fjords as I do mine.

Sue Banks