This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi everyone! New list member here! Thanks to Steve for inviting me to
join, I had no idea we had such a list.

Now for my intro. I became interested in Fjords back in 1986 or 87.
Marsha Jo Hannah had just recently bought Nansy and was posting to
rec.equestrian about her (Nansy's) wonderful qualities. I was intrigued.
Here was a compact, hardy, thrifty, smart, trainable, kind,
loaded-with-character, all-around type of horse. I searched for more
info -- not much was available -- but at some point I found a picture of
a Fjord. It was BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL, and I was sold.

I'd been riding (in Pony Club, 3-day eventing, and some hunter-jumper)
since I was a kid, and had always wanted to be a horse breeder, and at
that point I knew what kind of horse I wanted to breed. It took me the
intervening years to buy a farm, build a house, barn, fences, etc. and
to get ready.

Last year, through Carol Rivoire, I purchased two of the yearling
fillies Carol imported from Holland, as well as a Dutch-import mare who
is in foal to Gjest. I am one happy girl!!!

My Fjords are the two year-olds Rjelgrimm (Myrstein x Carla (sire
Oswald)) and Roza (Fjelljon x Lisa (sire Bjorgard), and Cindy (Ostar x
Louise (sire Alfred)). We are located in Southern Ontario, Canada, about
120 kilometres west of Toronto. Our farm name is Bluebird Lane Fjords,
as our farm has both many bluebirds and a very long laneway.

Well I've perused all the digests and am looking forward to many more
interesting conversations on this list.

Lori Albrough