This message is from: Julie Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Viv, I think that in the case of clear congenital health problems, yes,  a
mare owner would probably  reconsider and elect not to breed.   There are a
 number of "plain", average mares out there that are perhaps too long
bodied or  a little straight in the stifle or sickle hocked, toed in or
toed out, ewe necked, too light or too heavy of bone, etc.  A good stallion
can correct a number of these faults and as stallion owners, perhaps we can
help the mare owner make a good decision about which stallion would be the
best option for the mare, rather than just turning them away to go breed to
the neighbor's horse.  Yes these are not "top quality" mares, but still are
mares that could produce a foal better than themselves if bred to the right
horse.  And I'm not talking about putting these mares into a breeding herd.

Congratulations on your successes with Marnix!!!  Julie