This message is from: "Susanne Grönqvist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Apr 24 05:43:46 1998
>Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:44:00 -0400 (EDT)
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: Arthur Rivoire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: fjordhorse-digest V98 #33
>Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>This message is from: Arthur Rivoire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>This message is for Susanne from Sweden -
>
>Hi, welcome to this very interesting information exchange.  You asked
about
>Norwegian and Swedish breeding.  --- My name is Carol Rivoire, and our
farm
>is BEAVER DAM FARM FJORDS II in Nova Scotia, and we've been importing
and
>breeding Fjords for eighteen years.   Our two top horses are Norwegian
and
>Swedish. Our stallion, Gjest, was born in Norway, and stayed there
until he
>was four or five years old.  He did the Stallion Trials in
Nordfjordeid, and
>his trotting test of the kilometre was the fastest on record.  To my
>knowledge, still today, no other stallion has trotted the kilometre at
his
>speed.  He did it in 2.12 minutes.  Today, Gjest is 21 years old, and
still
>a magnificent trotter, and still very fast.  Fast enough to make
anybody,
>even race horse people, take notice.  As far as I know, Gjest's record
goes
>back well over a hundred years.
>
>Gjest's sire was Helgas-Jarl, and Helgas-Jarl's sire was Vosse-Lars
Nstb.
>No. 1674.  Gjest's dam was Rita Nstb. No. 13847, and her sire was
>Solidblakken Nstb. No. 1556.
>
>Our top breeding mare is Stine Nstb. No. 14911.  Her sire was Ene,
Nstb. No.
>1929, and Swedish registration number S-55.  Ene is a Swedish born
stallion.
>Ene's sire was Enok Nstb. No. 1610. And Enok's sire was Rein-Gust.
Ene's dam
>was Tolta Swedish reg. number S-700, and her sire was Eik S-15. His
sire was
>Safir, and his sire was Dyre.
>
>On Stine's dam sid - Her dam was Silja N-14000, whose sire was Freidig
Nstb.
>1723, and his sire was Solve Nstb. 1672, and his sire was Torbjorn, and
his
>sire was Blom.  ---  On the dam's sire - Silja's dam was Sally Nstb.
13234.
>Her sire was Ernar.  His sire was Torbjorn, and his sire was Blom.
>
>These two incredible Fjords (Gjest and Stine) have produced the best
horses
>we've ever seen ---  and certainly the best we've ever produced.
(Beaver
>Dam Farm has had over sixty foals).  One of the sons of this cross is
BDF
>Kanada King, who has won "Best Stallion" at the Libby, Montana show
three
>years running.  Kanada King is now competing in dressage and doing very
>well.  Another beautiful son is BDF Malcom Locke, now breeding in Ohio.
>There were two daughters, BDF Jennifer Ann and BDF Liza, both big and
>beautiful.  And finally, last year we had a gorgeous colt born from
Stine
>and Gjest that we named BDF Obelisk.  ---  As much as we've always
tried to
>avoid having two stallions on the farm, we've decided to keep Obelisk
as an
>eventual replacement for Gjest.  He's beautiful, and a wonderful mover,
and
>has a lovely disposition, so I guess we really can't part with him.
>
>So, that is our connection to Swedish Fjord breeding.  Stine is a
>magnificent horse.  She has the presence of a very proud stallion.
She's
>quite tall, and up-headed, and everyone ALWAYS notices her.  In my just
>published book, THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK, I've put Stine on the cover.
She's
>my idea of the best of the breed.  ---  Sorry to be so wordy, which is
why I
>don't contribute much.  Once I get going on the subject of Fjords, I
can't
>rein myself in.  There's just so much to say.
>
>Best regards,  Carol

Hi Carol !!
I didn´t know that Ene had a daughter in is it England
or Usa ?? ( I´m not good at geografy. )
Ene s-55 and Tolta s-700, I ´ve got the pedigrees on them
five lines on them I think.

You mentioned the stallion Solidblakken. He´s in some of our
swedish tribes too.

Gjest, what stallionline is he ?? ( Håkon Jarl N645, Håkon,
Bergfast or Oyarblakken ) He seems to be a very nice stallion !!

Greetings, Susanne