This message is from: Cynthia_Madden/OAA/UNO/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It;'s so nice to see the new "faces" this week. To Anne  in Colorado - I
know of a Fjord who may be for sale in western Nebraska. He is a ranch
horse and has worked cattle. Contact me privately if you are interested.
He also drives beautifully as he is owned by our driving instructor. Fjords
do make excellent trail horses and I am training mine under saddle in
dressage. Tank and I had a wonderful trail ride last evening. He had a
little of the spring spookies as he  has not been out on the trails for a
few months. We saw deer and wild turkeys and maybe there was a troll under
that culvert he didn't want to go over. There was definitely one waving a
flag at him from a hole on the trail.

Mary Twelveponies is one of my favorite horse authors. She is so simple and
clear and we always lend our books to beginning horse people. I highly
recommend her to anyone. It was her books and a fortuitous meeting with an
Air Force wife from England that got us started in dressage as a philosophy
of training many years ago.

Cynthia Madden, Coordinator
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research
University of Nebraska at Omaha