This message is from: Marge Littleboy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi folks,

My name is Marge and I am from Rochester, New York, USA.  My husband
Bill and I have two Norwegian Fjord mares. I purchased the first mare -
Brith - from Hestdalen, which was located outside Chicago, IL. Mr. Gene
Bauer was the owner, who I am sorry to say passed away two years ago.
While Brith was still at Hestdalen I had her bred and she produced Asta
in June '89.

At that time Bill and I were not yet married, but he was showing an
active interest in the ponies and decided to learn how to drive - which
is what I primarily do with them.  Well he got hooked and we got hitched
- literally!!!  I was not aware of the traditional Norwegian wedding
until about 2 years ago and had to smile.  We were not mounted on the
ponies, (as Asta was only 9 months old, I am sure she would have
protested!!), we sat in the carriage for the entire wedding, with the
minister on a mounting block, in the indoor arena of my girlfriends
barn, in the middle of winter, in a candlelit ceremony.  If you were to
ask Bill why he wanted to drive the pony for the wedding he would say
"Do you think I want to get married to her, with her holding the
whip?!!!".  Seriously, l am thrilled that he has such an interest in the
ponies as it does make things so much easier. We have just recently
celebrated our 8th anniversary, and it just keeps getting better.  This
winter Bill decided to take riding lesson and wants to learn how to
jump, & if he does as well with the riding as he has done with the
driving, I am sure to have a champion on my hands.  I feel very
fortunate, having many friends who have to deal with a spouse not
interested in the same things.  Not only is Bill interested/supportive
in the ponies, he has gotten me up to speed on the computer - he is the
VP of Product Development with a local company and is very computer
literate - so I can share our story.

We are hoping to get a place of our own soon, at which time we will get
both of the girls bred.  I would love to have a pair, and Asta was my
wedding present to Bill, so I just will have to go for more of these
great horses.  Such a problem!!

Well I have to get back to work, but am sure I will contribute in the
future.

So long for now, Marge Littleboy, Blomsterdalen Fjords

Have YOU driven a Fjord lately??