This message is from: "the Sessoms'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Does the NFHR have a brand for the Fjords who pass muster at American
evaluations?????

My fjord mare, Dorina, has the Dutch brands on each hip.  I understand
that this is done at the two year old evaluation, and that she must have
passed through a grading system at the time.  On one side is an
upside-down triangle with a 'D' in it, thus her name starts with a 'D'
and all Fjord foals born in Holland that year are named with a 'D'
name.  Dorina was born in 1983, that means Konggard with a 'K' name was
born in 1990, right?  I have heard of several mares with names that
start with 'U', 'V', 'W' and 'Y' but none with 'X' or 'Z'.  Is that
because their names just haven't come up in the Herald or on the web, or
because they don't use those letters?????

And what is the meaning behind the 'bars-and-dots' brand on the other
side?  Is it like the American freeze brand, some sort of code?????

And when you see a two year old Dutch filly with the brands on each hip,
what does that tell you?????

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy TN
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-  Dorina  -  NFR Aagot  - - -  Fjords
-  Caper  -  Carly  -  Crickett  - - - Labradors