This message is from: ILANGELA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>As for grass, I have the opposite problem.  I have to keep my equines
>>in their pens and feed hay because I have too much grass, and right
>>now it is too good (starting to make seed).  Fjords are so "fuel
>>efficient" that they can easily get too fat, then founder if their
>>food is too good.  They are permitted to graze only two to three hours
>>each day.

whe have got to much grass also. but luckely whe have a small meadow that is
1/2 hectare. i have got also a shetlandpony.he is allowed to graze in the
daytime in the small meadow. at night i put him in the paddock (sand ground).
Ido (fjord) and Cleo (connamara) are permitted to graze a couple of hours
(depend on the season) at the big meadow (4 hectare). the remaining time i put
them in the small meadow.
in the winter ido and bopper (=shetlandpony) only get hay to eat. cleo get some
pellets (1 kilo/day).

ilona

ilona.