This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Denise, (and any other West Coast Fjorders..)
"I asked if i could enter a fjord in the various classes they were offering in their show."

I met Sally Semas, the manager of the Grass Vally Draft Horse Classic, a ways back when I was showing in the Mother Lode Open Circuit that she also managed. ( Seems she manages most of the N. Calif. circuits, and even manages a popular Bull sale.) She is a big fan of the fjords, and invited us to do a demo at the Nevada County Fair and the Draft Horse Classic after seeing Sven trounce a few bigtime QH's and Paints in the Open Pleasure and Trail classes . Took her up on the Fair, and it was a blast, but the Draft Horse Classic always falls on the weekend before or during the Turlock Scandifest Nordic Horse Show, so I have always declined...But, if anyone else wants to take her up on her offer, contact her! Please be sure that you and your horse(s) can manage the crowds and being around the "big guys" 'tho. ( I am NOT exaggerating, this is a BIG DEAL affair. It can un-nerve even the best of them!) Also, reserve lodging WELL in advance, its tight and spendy up in them hills!

BTW, just a little observation...for some reason, whenever a refernce is made about the existing fjord shows in N. America, the Skandifest in Turlock, Ca. seems to be omitted, almost everytime. So... Hear ye, hear ye! Just a shameless plug here, for a great (little) show that deserves some attention and credit. This year is the 5th year of an 'organised' show - prior to that it was just a small group of owners and breeders doing demonstrations and 1-on-1 interaction with the public. Hope to see some of you "new" fjord enthusiasts at the Sat. nite smogasbord, and/or in the arena or on the grass driving area, with or with-out beasties. Date: always the fourth weekend in September. Hope to see you there! If you need info, I can answer questions & route you in the right direction.

Best regards,
Karen McCarthy
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City, NV