This message is from: "Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It is quite funny to me because of our lack of horses here (well the ones I
am interested in) that there is a large demand for geldings. Because we are
still in start up mode (I am talking mostly Friesians here,  I don't really
know enough about the sales history of the Fjords) people are after
breeding stock so mares are very precious. Everybody preys for a filly
foal.

But with other breeds that are plentiful, well, most people are after
working horses not breeding horses so male foals are probably the preferred
sex as generally most people seem to prefer geldings.

Just shows how mature your breeding program is that the benefits of a mare
versus a gelding purely as a working horse is open to discussion.

Me, I have 4 geldings and 3 mares (well two are only sub 2 year old
fillies) and I love them all!

Lynn