This message is from: "Anneli Sundkvist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Since I ride English and have not driven very much I have no first-hand
experience of western ridden horses in front of a wagon, but since neck-reining
originally was used in most cultures (because you needed your right hand for
your lance, your bow, your whip, your lasso, your rifle...) I find it very
likely that throughout history, a great number of horses have been both ridden
single-handed AND driven. I guess many farmers couldn't afford more than one
horse and this one had to be both riding- and driving horse.  I don't think
that there has been a waterprooved division between riding- and carriagehorses
throughout history.

Regards

Anneli