This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 08:11 AM 2/29/00 +0000, you wrote:
This message is from: "Lindsay&Jim Sweeney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Are you folks talking about the Dutch alphabet year?  Doesn't the NFHR
utilize a number system, too?  What letter is for the year 2000?

See my previous explanation Lindsay. This the N year for registration numbers not names with the NFHR.

I had a colt from Liv (Solar and Yvonne) and by Gingard (Astrix and
Sunngard)-Gingard is a full brother to Bjorgard, who is in Bob Van Bon's
book on page 59, Solar is on page 52 and Yvonne's sire Kastor is on page
50!
 We named this colt, Vjegard after the famous Norwegian Cross-country skier
with the addition of a "j" .  Vjegard was born the Spring after the
Lillehammer Winter Olympics.  Solar has a Vigdis and a Valin in his
pedigree.  I saw lots of other "V" names in the book, take a look!

Well I am not sure what year that was anymore Lindsay but the Dutch year letters are:

96 = R
97 = S
98 = T
99 = U - I would guess but don't have any registered with NFHR yet.
00 = V - I would expect but I don't know for sure. The R, S & T years I have horses from Holland registered with NFHR with names that follow the above.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114