This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Is a horse smart enough to seek shelter when the weather is bad enough to possibly cause hypothermia? Does this rambling message make any sense?
Suzan

Suzan,
it makes perfect sense, and I bet you "feel" about 30 degrees colder than she actually is, just looking at her! If her butt is to the wind, & she's eating and drinking and interested in food, ( i.e. has a good attitude),leave her alone. Run your hand along her chest and down her belly - if shes warm and dry down there, everything is A-OK. We have a few shelters here on the ranch, and when we get the howling zephyrs roaring across the valley floor here, most of the horses stand outside, with their butts to the wind. In the morning their backs have ice all over them, but they are just fine!
Relax...
Karen