This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>BTW, I haven't heard much about the moose  in your
>neighborhood this year.  I take it they aren't pestering your horses too
much
>these days?

The cow and calf moose that had bedded down outside my window a few weeks
ago were back yesterday, eating hay out of the back corner of my Hay barn.
I have some alfalfa in the little horse barn and have been careful to keep
both parts of the dutch door closed, and lucky I did.  The moose calf was
sniffing around the door yesterday, he could smell the alfalfa.  I was
afraid they might jump into the barn over the bottom half of the dutch
door, and not be able to jump out, which would pose a bit of a problem..:-)

The horses don't pay any attention to the moose anymore, which will be an
asset when we meet moose on the trail.  However I have to be cautious about
the dog when putting her out on her cable runner.  Yesterday morning the
moose scared her enough that she hit the end of the rope and broke her
collar, then took off in the dark down the drive toward the road.  With all
the morning traffic on the road I was afraid she might get hit, but she did
come running back safely.  Since then she is very spooky about the woods in
back of the house...on the lookout for those moose!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, where men are men and WOMEN win the Yukon Quest
1000 mile dog race as WELL as the Iditarod! ALIY ZIRKLE was from MY
neighborhood! YEAH!
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]