This message is from: "saskia schoofs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Sini!

> Where are Saskia
here! :-))) just very very busy :-(((

> and the haflinger-fjord baby?!
still inside of Kitty! it's freezing again in Belgium, so I can only
encourage her to try to keep it inside of her as long as possible! (though I
have a strange tendency to shake her until the foal comes out at last :-)))
why can't they be like dogs, three months is long enough for a waiting
grandmother-to-be! :-)))
well, the merrier I'll be when it pops out! :-)

> How are you?
impatient and nervous! :-) sorry for not writing earlier to you, though I
have wanted to since a long time, I'm just a little overwhelmed by work.

for Christmas I got Miller's book about imprinting. you mentioned it in an
earlier post (thanks for all the foal-advices!). How do you do your
imprinting?

Yesterday the vet came for the annual vaccinations. He was afraid that they
would recognize him, or his smell, and run away, but they crowded around
him, impatient to be vaccinated, and especially when he started to deworm
("o!!! that man has food!!!") they were so enthousiast that we had to laugh,
because when he was deworming the little Shet Janosch, the Fjords Sybren and
Zeno both climbed upon Janosch trying to get some more of the stuff. Janosch
carried the weight bravely, and swallowed as much worm-paste as he could!

To my big relief he said the stable was big enough for foaling, if I would
be on the premises to be sure everything was allright. I plan to let Kitty
choose where to foal, but it's good to know that the stable is okay if it
rains heavily etc., or if she should choose it. She enters it spontaneously
these last days, something she never did before, so I think she's preparing
to build a nest! :-)

Sybren was funny yesterday. More than a year ago, I taught him how to carry
a bucket. Just for fun. I hadn't played at that again since then, in fact, I
had completely forgotten that he could do it. Yesterday I had a terrible
headache and was looking rather grey I think, I was sitting in the pasture
to get some fresh air (it was cold but sunny), a feeding bucket was still in
the pasture, next to Sybren (not surprisingly), so suddenly he looked at me
in a funny way, as to say: "hey, look what I remember!". He took the handle
of the bucket in his mouth and brought it to me! When I took it over, he had
a smile from one ear to the other! Maybe because he thought I would fill it
again!
He can pull such funny faces! He will be three in May, and sometimes he
looks so big and impressive, he has a huge neck and is really sturdy, but
sometimes he can look so young and almost vulnerable, it's very strange.

Happy Fjording,

Saskia