This message is from: Anita Unrau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Got a chuckle out of Misha's description of the 13th Warrior.

Wouldn't say it was the worst movie I had seen but it sure could have
used a story line. After two and a half months of filming some
spectacular shots of the horses the six or so min. on the screen were
a disappointment.

We heard the Director John Tiernman and Michael Crichton had a big
fight over the movie and the Director lost. He was the man with the
vision of how it should be and controlled all the shooting and it was
different from Mr. Crichton's. We plan on getting the video and going
over the horse scenes frame by frame and see who we can identify. None
of the spectacular shots were used that we could see. During filming
they said they were happy if they got 4 or 5 seconds of good footage.
I finally seen why. Everything was so fast my eyes had trouble
adjusting to the fast pace and we were sitting near the front which
was a mistake.

The white Arab that Antonio rode had 16 or 17 different horses from
start to finish if I remember right. The whole movie thing certainly
was a eye opener but would do it again with a few changes.

Out of the 22 head we took to Campbell River in 97 all are sold except
for one gelding, the three broodmares that are not for sale and the
only non Fjord that went. That was Strausser, our red dun Hanoverian
gelding that we took to Ebbs, Austria in 98 for the World Singles
Championship. His moment of movie fame was somersaulting in the moat
with Mel Hyland, former World Champion Saddle Bronc rider. Mel got too
close to the edge and a front foot sunk and over they went. Going
exactly where you put Strausser, at whatever speed is what made
Strausser so quick in the hazards. You have to respect that trust and
not diminish it in any way. Mel didn't ride him again after that.

The last few years have certainly been entertaining even if we haven't
been home for most of it. Makes one wonder what the new millennium
will bring.

Anita Unrau
Anvil's Acres Norwegian Fjord Horses
"Disposition, Conformation, Versatility"