This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I once visited a farm where they had a barn that was as close to
self-cleaning as any I can imagine.  It was at Thornmar Farm in Maryland, a
TB nursery/training center.  The barn was a Saratoga-style barn, with a
double row of stalls in the center, surrounded by an indoor jogging track,
like this:
            _______________
             /   ____________   \
             I   I__I__I__I__I__I   I
             I   I__I__I__I__I__I   I
The stalls had a trap-door in the floor at the back of the stalls, which
opened up to a conveyor belt running the whole length of the barn, and ending
up at a pit at one end, where trucks were pulled up under the end of the
belt, waiting to haul the muck away.  WOW!  I was so envious, but I bet it is
a maintenance nightmare - can you imagine all the little pieces of shavings
and stuff that end up jammed under the conveyor belt?
            Jan, in Virginia, still mucking the old-fashioned way.