This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Is this the same Martins that does the auction in Turlock?  I gather
> there is a Martin Auctioneers, Inc, and a Martin Bros.  Can anyone
> sort out which Martins are which?

The Turlock auction is done by a local firm, Carlson Auctioneers.
It's more of a draft and farming auction.

Martins do the carriage auction in San Bernardino each January, plus
several back east on other fixed dates, plus assorted custom auctions
when carriage collections come up for sale.  Originally, there was
just one "Martin's", run by a family, but they've split into multiple
companies; don't know the details.  They tend to run a higher-class
operation, often bringing vehicles with them from back east.

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.