This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Is this the same Martins that does the auction in Turlock?  I gather there
is a Martin Auctioneers, Inc, and a Martin Bros.  Can anyone sort out which
Martins are which?  I wasn't overly impressed with the one in Turlock.  I
was told by a respected dealer/breeder that many of the horses were rejects
that could not be sold by the auction owner/operators in usual channels,
which meant that fewer people with decent horses brought them there.  (Saw
more than one horse there that bit viciously at anyone who passed)  A LOT of
the harness was the cheap stuff they sell on Ebay - NOT SAFE to use other
than for ground driving!

If you do go, beware of the cheap harness.

  At 10:19 AM 1/19/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Announcement to those in the Pacific Northwest
>Martin Auctioneers, Inc. is having a carriage, sleighs and antiques auction
>Saturday April 1, 2000 (Friday 3-31-00, if needed). They are looking for
>consignments of horse drawn vehicles & farm machinery, misc.. horse stuff.
>You can contact them at 717-354-6671 If you are interested. Just though I
>would pass on the INFORMATION. Catherine Lassesen

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Clicker List Web Site : http://clickryder.cjb.net