This message is from: "Bushnell's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 06:48 AM 01/18/2000 -0900, you wrote:
>This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 in Fairbanks, Alaska, where we're having a major snow event, at least
>8 inches have fallen and still snowing, anoher 6 expected. +15F degrees.
>(sure better than -40!)

GOOD GRIEF, JEAN! You mean to tell me it's warmer where you are than down
here in Montana, it was only 0 degrees this morning !!!! (warmer in
Alaska!) Now, that is depressing! =))) Hope it makes you feel better though.

We must have about 14" of snow now too... and would you believe those silly
Fjords still try to paw down and find some old blade of dried grass, or
something, anything! It's a pitiful sight.. ha, ha, ...a stranger to Fjords
might think they're starving =)) until they noticed their tummies.

I still ponder the expression "easy keepers" that we first heard in regards
to Fjords, thought it meant they didn't eat much, now I know it means they
will eat ANYTHING if given a chance. Strangely enough, some of them won't
eat apples.. my Arab will walk a mile for an apple, all I have to do is
holler and she comes in. Few of the Fjords do too but most don't seem to
care for them? (maybe she's threatened them not to =)

Ruthie