This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

It's been a while since I've joined in the discussions, but I certainly have
enjoyed reading them.  The issue of Llamas, goats, etc. is an interesting
one.  Back in Western Wash., Silka was exposed to Llamas and the occasional
small black bear.  She didn't seem to really notice either one.  The bear
was always far away, but the up close and personal Llamas earned a definite
ho-hum.

After Pepper was born, we got a goat [which we thought was full grown] as a
companion for her and for Rocky.  Clark, the goat formerly known as prince,
did fine with all the equines.  We put 5-foot no climb fencing inside our
2x6 5-board fencing, and Clark never got out.  We now have him fenced in
with the same mesh.  It still works, so I guess he can't climb it.

Erlend's paddock is fenced with Noble panels, which we intend to attach the
mesh to, panel by panel.  When that is done, we will put Clark in with
Erlend, who wants a buddy.  The paddock has a cross fenced area where Clark
can get away from His Majesty if he feels the need.  At this point, Clark is
Very Big.  His and the dogs' yard includes the kitchen door and window. He
has broken no windows so far, but it is quite disconcerting to have this
Very Large goat suddenly pop up next to you to see what you're having for
breakfast.  Will keep you all informed of our goat progress.  BTW, he seems
to prefer thistles and brambles to anything else, so is a big help that way.

FOR SALE:

"Rocky" [Knutsen Fjord's Fjell], a very athletic coming 3 year old gelding.
Currently, he stands 14.1 hands high and has 9-inch front cannons.  He
should mature out at about 15 hands.  He is started in driving and draft,
and will be ready to start riding this spring.  Conformation and movement
are very nice - he earned a Red rating at the Eugene Evaluation when he was
only15 months old.  Light brown dun with nice striping. Was recently gelded
and is still uppity, so he needs an experienced trainer.  Excellent
performance prospect - $4000.  [Ledijo x Anvil's Silka (Rudaren)]

"Sonny" [Knutsen Fjord's Rustenson], weanling gelding.  Also very athletic,
Sonny is nicely put together, well balanced, with very strong hindquarters
and straight legs.  Especially good draft prospect. His head and face
strongly resemble those of his sire, Rusty.  Dark brown. Many of you saw him
at Libby last September.  $3800.  [Rusten x Anvil's Silka (Rudaren)]

Bye for now - Peg Knutsen, Knutsen Fjord Farm, [509] 933-1740, [509]
962-5694.