This message is from: Mike and Casey Rogillio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I know we've discussed this recently, but am bringing the topic up again
at the behest of my DH.

My 2 horses, one Fjord and one QH, are systematically de-barking our
trees.  We live in Alabama, and have quite a few (literally over 400)
trees on our property so it's not as if we bought, planted and nurtured
them . . but still . .  we wonder if they are lacking some nutrition,
some supplement, something! to cause them to literally eat trees.  They
don't seem to concentrate on any particular variety, altho I've seen
them go past bark to pulling strips of wood off a particular cedar.

I'm not worried enough to fence them off from the trees unless theres a
health factor involved, then I'll be out there putting in posts and
stringing wire in a heartbeat!

Any comments?

Casey, Tyr and Justin
45 F, 7 C, in grey, gloomy Alabama