This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> am learning how to spin
> this winter

Hooray for you!!  At our house we laughingly call my
spinning "sheep therapy".  Believe me, it works!
Don't know about keeping sheep, though.  We don't, as
it requires quite a lot of extra work in our wet
climate to assure fleeces that are useful for
spinning.  When I was growing up in Montana, my uncle
raised sheep.  I remember him commenting that a sheep
was "a four-legged accident looking for a place to
happen."  They did seem to get into an awful lot of
trouble, unless he had a shepherd tending them - or
used a wether goat as a herd leader.  Around here I
have seen a few places which seem to pasture cows and
sheep - or even horses and sheep - right in the same
field.  I do wonder what happens with the sheep if the
horses were to start running - would the sheep follow
blindly?  I think I would rotate them in the field
instead of putting them in all together.  Any ideas
Elin or George?

Happy spinning.

Mary, a fellow spinner.  No I haven't tried spinning
fjord "down" yet.  Maybe someday.  A friend does use
the tail hair for tying fishing flies, though.

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms
[EMAIL PROTECTED]