This message is from: ceacy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Steve,

I trust your judgement as to the future of the list and would be willing to
share the cost if that becomes necessary.

To those of you who have lost old horses consider the alternative. To live
a long life and to be loved and cared for is all any of us can ask for. To
lose a loved one, animal or person, prematurely due to accident or illness,
is a painful reminder that there are no guarantees. To live to an old age
is a privilage, not that it makes the loss any less to those left behind. I
love the image of the old mares pulling a wagon together. To die with
dignity is all any of us can wish for.

I know alittle about loss when it comes to horses, it was only two years
ago that I lost six, including two pregnant mares. I still cry sometimes,
but if it is any consolation to those of you who have just lost your fjord
friends, the pain does lessen and the joy of still having the Fjords in my
life has healed my heart beyond what I would ever have thought possible two
years ago. I also want to add that it was because of many of you on this
list and in the horse community that I was able to stay in business. Every
new fuzzy Fjord foal that comes into my life is still a miracle, and
despite the saddness of losing my beloved ponies, I would never want to
miss having them to share in my life. So here's to Velsigne, Nina, Olivia,
Reina, Soren, and Anika, and to all the other Fjords that have been part of
our families and have gone ahead to wherever it is the souls of sweet
animals go.

May the New Year bring you all peace .

Ceacy at home with her ponies in Colrain.