This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Denise,
When I lived in Calaveras County, I used to get rock from a quarry on Hwy 49 in Moke Hill, and it was Rhyolite. It was fractured, and had a tendency to be sharp.The 1/4" minus, unscreened wasnot sharp, and we used in runs and as a stall base. The bigger stuff we used for paths and driveway. The other type of rock-stuff we got was from the old cement quarry in San Andreas, and it was limestone. As good as cement, fantastic for filling in potholes,and great for the barn aisle, but too hard for the horses stalls.
Never found a reliable source for good, clean DG up there. Perhaps you have?
Take care, and sorry to bore ya'all with gravel drivel...