This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I thought you were being a little harsh on your neighbor (walk a mile in
somebody else's shoes, so to speak), until you talked about your experience
with that vet making you feel bad for doing the right thing.  Then I
understood.  You have a right to be angry, although if you can let the anger
go, it will be better for you.

When I was cleaning, purifying and drying out a good-sized water trough, my 2
mares took the opportunity to chew away the threads so I couldn't put the cap
back on.  I use that one as my feeder now and the hay stays in it pretty
well.  I have a smaller container I also put some hay in for those rare
occasions Riba chooses not to share well.  And some portion of the hay gets
in the dirt, but it's never all or nothing is it?

I had a stand-up feeder but they didn't really like it and at night would
take it for walks and turn it over.  I was afraid somebody would get hit with
it (it was very heavy and I don't know how they did it), so I took it out.
They like to eat with their heads down and the former water trough works for
that.  Of course, when the first light of dawn peaks over the mountains and
young Ida puts her feet in it and start drumming loudly enough to wake the
neighbors, then I don't like it so much.  They have me so well trained.  Wish
I could say the same.             Gail in Albuq.  Going to Las Cruces next
Wednesday!