This message is from: "Frederick J. (Fred) Pack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

sent this privately, but thought the rest of the list should have a chance
to read it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick J. Pack II [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Frederick J. (Fred) Pack
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 1999 12:21 PM
To: 'Fred & Lori Osmond'
Subject: RE: kissing... The dog you MUST have!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred & Lori Osmond [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 1999 6:16 AM
To: fjord list
Subject: kissing...

This message is from: "Fred & Lori Osmond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<Another subject: we just had to put our 6 year old dobie down due to
liver failure.

Hi Lori,
So very Sorry for you!

<Do any of you own one of those gorgeous ______mountain dogs???  They
look like a rott/saint bernard mix???  I have liked the look of those,
but don't know much about their temperments yet???

We own three Great Pyrenees at our ranch....all female.  Look like small
polar bears, mostly white.  They are the greatest dogs in the world as a
livestock guard dog.  Easy going, yet alert to the max for trouble.

They sleep all day, and guard everything all night.  They DO bark a lot,
especially at night.  It is their way of helping to keep critters away.  We
have bear, bobcat, cougar, and lots of coyotes around.  Have yet to have
anything except a possum penetrate the perimeter.  The girls bring the
captured (dead) possums to the front porch to receive their praise.

They ARE roamers, and think they have to guard everything within 2 miles.
We use welded wire fence on the perimeter and have it electrically wired
INSIDE the fence....to keep the dogs home.

Don't know if this is the type of dog you were mentioning.

God Bless you too....

Fred Pack
Pack's Peak Stables
Wilkeson, WA