This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Brian Jacobsen's description of the stallion Grabb charging up a
fence line like a steam engine can apply very aptly to his full son
Leik who now is standing at our farm in Western Massachusetts. On
the move, he is very powerful, with a lot of impulsion for the
hind.
        Like his father, Leik is "all business" with cycling mares
around, BUT he does respond well to Norma (especially) or I when we
ask him to "pay attention". He is really very gentle and loves
grooming and other attention when not "on duty".        He is built
remarkably like his sire, especially now that he has muscled up in
the hind quarters in the year + since he came to us. (One of the
beauties of our hilly pastures is that he really gets his excercise
when he patrols his territory).
        As of now, we only have one foal out of Leik and a Ring daughter
named Gita. At 7 months, he is very athletic (having learned to
gallop circles around his rather frantic dam at 4 hours of age!),
with very fluid movement, including some really beautiful flying lead
changes when he's "blasting" around a large yard. He appears to have
inherited his sire's (and dam's) strong bone, and is well balanced
front and rear.
        Since Leik is very territorial, and not inclined to be buddies with
other stallions (or geldings for that matter), and since he has never
(to the best of our knowledge) been shown, we will probably not be
bringing him to shows or  evaluations, as he would be a real handful
near other stallions. We had hoped to have a well-respected judge
give us his thoughts during a private trip to the farm this summer,
but it never came to pass, so any one interested in looking at this
full son of Grabb is welcome to pay us a visit.