This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This time of year especially, yellow jackets (small bee-like
critters) are very common and show up a lot around our horses. I'm
not sure what it is that seems to attract them, but they can be quite
disturbing to a horse even if they don't actually sting. The
situation someone described of being stung on the trail is not
uncommon, as yellow jackets often make nests in the ground. And
they definitely don't like it when someone comes clomping along (I
presume they can "hear" it quite well through the ground) and stands
nearby.