This message is from: Jeri L Rieger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just reread the post of Marsha Jo Hannah with regards to Fjords retaining
memories and want to relate 2 recent experiences.This is kinda a long post
so delete if you don't have the time!

First,  I spent my summer basically away from my Fjords. My family and I
moved from Sandpoint, Idaho to Washington, Missouri. When I realized I was
going to be out of "Fjord Country" I quickly arranged to purchase Ole, a 4
year old gelding from Shirley and Oscar Anderson in Naples. I saw him last
year in Libby and had been dreaming on him ever since! When Ole first moved
to our farm I was only around him a very little bit but I "messed" with
him....grooming him, talking to him, etc. Well, when he (along with the 2
other fjords) got off the transport in Missouri, he blasted off, danced
around, jerked his handler and kinda of scared the group of eagerly waiting
fjord fans! When I got a hold of him, he started at my feet and sniffed me
all the way to the top of my head, blew softly in my face, settled down and
showed the audience just how calm, gentle and wonderful Fjords can be. I
just know he remembered me! It seems that as long as the three of them are
together ( they "herd up" so fast) with my family - the Fjords are at home!

Secondly, my daughter has started riding Tana again after not riding since
April. (You know, Mom's not here so maybe you outta wait comment from Dad)
We had just had 30 days put on her when she stopped getting ridden. (Makes
sense, huh) Well, Nicky has been riding every other day for about 2
weeks.....at first nothing went right. Then after about the third session,
Tana remembers every ounce of her training! Taking correct leads, side
passing, 2 different speeds of the trot, driving is different than riding,
etc.  We are so pleased!  She remembers every thing from this Spring

Jeri in Missouri....The fall weather is cool and crisp but not at all cold
and we have Fjords to go exploring on!