This message is from: "Fred & Lori Osmond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi To all!!!,

I have had experience with mountain lions here in the foothills of Ca.
My neighbor has an appy that was attacked last month by something.  We
think it might have been a lion, definately not a dog.  That appy is in
a small coral with a barn to go in and out at leisure.  He was bitten in
his hind legs, of course, but one was very bad.  His whole leg was
swollen and absolutely very painful.  He has been treated for one month
and is almost fully recovered.

If your horses have a large area, rather than small, I think that
mountain lions won't attack.  It's when the horse can't get away, it
might attack.  I like the idea about dogs that someone else wrote on the
list.

I have also come across one on the trail (many years ago on my quarter
horse).  My dogs were chasing it and it ran up a tree to avoid going
into a water ditch!!! It was beautiful, but scarry.  My horse didn't
spook at all and I was amazed, because it ran within 15 feet in front of
us. ( I think she thought it was our dog at first?)  I'm also amazed she
didn't smell it!!!

So, if you can lock them up in a stall, maybe you should or just have
them in a herd???

Good luck and if I go Friday to Turlock, I would love to meet at the
Velvet Creamery!!!  (I might be going Sunday, though???)

See you all soon!!!

Lori
CATSOFOZ
[EMAIL PROTECTED]