This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 I just got back from a wonderful visit to Libby and a leisurely trip
 back thru the scenic state of Montana, Yellowstone Park, and the
 beautiful Bighorn mountains. And what do I find? You kids have been
 talking about ducks and dogs and being mean to new kids. Can't I go
 away for a couple days and trust you to play by yourselves?

 Seriously, the discussion had gotten off-topic, but only for a short
 time. The "new kid" had been subscribed for less than 24 hours when
 he started criticizing. Was that appropriate? Maybe, since that short
 time had been entirely filled with dog discussion. However according
 to the rules of netiquette it is entirely improper for a newbie to
 contribute to, let alone criticize an online group for at least a
 week. Who's right? I won't make a call on this one, but I'm happy to
 say that Gerry has rejoined us and I hope he will find that the
 valuable information exchanged on the list far outweighs the
 off-topic chat.

 As for splitting to a serious and a social list, I don't believe the
 size of the list yet warrants that. I personally am very interested
 in the "serious" discussions about evaluations, breeding and where
 the North American Fjord breed is headed in the future. However, I
 started this list to be a virtual kitchen table for socializing about
 Fjord related topics, and I would miss the warmth of what has
 developed in the year and a half since.

 I'll have more on Libby and some serious topics I've been thinking
 about later. Glad to be off the road and back online.

 Steve McIlree
 Owner/Administrator FjordHorse List