This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello everyone,
I have just joined the mail-list.  My name, Wianda,
comes from my 22 year old senior mare.  We were breeders--
Fjordhest Farm with the stallion, Montano.  We are now
horse owners with two fjords--Minx from Montano and Wianda
and Wianda, a Dutch import.  I had been injured in a freak
riding accident--I fell off and the horse stepped on and
crushed my leg--and am just starting to ride again.  I also
managed to get thrown out of the cart and am just taking
some steps to drive again.  I hope to ride Minx and drive
Wianda.  Wianda is a great riding mare--she was a dressage
champion (to about 3rd level)in Holland, but is old and I
am not so light.  Minx is young and tall.  She has just
been started and is really good and sensible, but very
sensitive and always looking around (so, of course I get
nervous for no reason).  I am riding her, but we are not
doing much.  Wianda has never formally driven though I did
drive her years ago and she can turn the cart in a circle
at the trot without moving it forward at all.  However she
is anxious about the harness as she hates not being able to
see.  Because the dressage and jumping she did were hard for
her she gets anxious about work.  She taught a neighbor boy
to ride this year and we spent hours trying to teach him how
to get her to stop and avoid cantering.  She can canter small
small circles easily, but walk--that's hard.  I also have a
muscle problem--too many injuries (I have several from a previous throughbred)so
it's actually hard to do much, but I
am working at it slowly and hope to be back out there someday.

Bye the way--With all the success horses are having out there
more of you need to be applying for the Versatility Award from
the NFHR.  This award is given to horses that can achieve high
scores in riding, driving and draft.

Rebecca Mayer