This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A number of years ago Orville Unrau (or maybe Anita) wrote an article about
Fjords in the "SMALL FARMERS'S JOURNAL" in which he applauded the role of
geldings.  I don't quite remember all of he article having lost or given
away that issue, but essentially he said that geldings were the
representatives of a breed, the workers, performers and mainstay, and that
the "average" stallion would make a great gelding!  He felt that there were
far too many average stallions and that only the very best should remain
stallions.

Anita, do you still have a copy of that article?  Maybe you could post it
to the list if you do.  And I have your great picture of the gelding
Anvil's Edderkoppe (Eddy) and Orville taken at the Calgary CDE which I'd
like to send to Steve for the Fjord list web page if you OK it.  It shows a
gorgeous white dun performing a beautiful extended trot with Orville
driving.  (Of course "Eddy" is full brother to my all white filly, Anvil's
Adel)

My two gelding are steady, unaffectd by hormone swings, always ready, good
workers.  My two mares are fascinating, interesting characters, with mood
swings and I never quite know what mood they will be in today.  Fun to work
with and wonderful, but for steady, the geldings are always there for me.

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, +10 today and TEN HOURS daylight!
Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]