This message is from: "saskia schoofs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Elaine,

> Congratulations on your new Fjord,"Zeno."
thank you!

> I was curious what his gaits are
> like since he comes from such a good stallion. Have you seen him trotting and
> cantering, yet?
yes, a lot, and he's really beautiful in his trotting too... (how to
describe a trot?!)
cantering I only see him when Kitty chases him, or when Sybren and he run
around playing and then he looks like a real foal, head stretched out in
front of him, mouth open (when Kitty chases him), running as fast as he can
(but I guess that's gallopping?)

after getting his papers, I saw his mother's father is Tunar. Do you know
him? I've always liked him very much, too.

Here in Belgium farmers tend to be rather unsentimental about selling
animals, but I'm touched by Zeno's ex-owner. It was the first time in his
life he sold a horse (and only because he's retired and his wife and he
decided to go and live on a boat, he was a sailor when he was young and
misses the sea) and he has already phoned twice to ask how Zeno is and each
time he says: "hug Zeno for us!". I invited them to come as much as they
want, as they live so near me, but they say, maybe in 2 months, as
it's too painful now. So each time I promise to take good care of Zeno and
then I go and hug him (not that I need an excuse to do that!!!).

I hope to have some pictures soon, to put on my website and to send to the
farmer, together with a bear in sailor-clothes. I hope they will like
that...

happy Fjording!

Saskia