This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On organizing evaluations. Ceacy Henderson and I ran a two day Dutch
evaluation with performance and although I was tired at the end it was hardly
the most stressful event of my life. I probably spent 20 hours on the phone
lining up facility, insurance, porta potty etc. We used the Dutch system and
their excellent IBOP tests. As I recall we had a moderately good turnout.
Running the Dutch evaluation was far easier than running a CDE or any small
horse show about 1/60 the number of people are required. I have no experience
with American Evaluations so I couldn't tell you if there's something in the
format that makes them so much more difficult to run.

On performance testing. I think it's very important to have performance tests
for two reasons. .1. It is another gauge with which to measure your Fjords
breeding worth 2. For those people who are not interested in breeding or
who's horses might not be the best conformational specimans ,performance is
another important area in which to show off your skills as a horseman and the
talents of your Fjord. I will point out that it takes at least several months
of steady work to prepare an already broke horse for an IBOP test, but the
gelding owners who participate are very proud of their horses and several
went on to garner a prestatie rating. . A true testament to the breeds
useability and versatility.  Vivian Creigh