This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 04:36 PM 8/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Mike,

You are missing my point.

I don't think so.

 My point is the
evaluation costs are very high for both the host AND the owner.

The costs for the host are to be paid for with the entry fees. There should be no cost to the host. If there is you didn't do it right.

Since this is a "project" designed to assist in maintaining breed standards, it should
be more easily accessable to people who would wish to enter multiple horses,
both in regard to location AND finances.

I agree but no one has come up with ways to do this. One way is to get more Evaluators trained so that the travel expenses for them could be minimized. This is being worked on right now.

By the way, when we discussed an onfarm eval for our area, you did tell me we
would have to provide stabling.  Hence, I was given the impression this was
yet another evaluation requirement.

No it isn't written that you have to provide stabling (I don't think it is) but I thought it was pretty well common sense. You can't just let them all stand in their trailers all the while they are there in say the 98 deg. heat like we had in Blue Earth this year.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114