This message is from: "Starfire Farm, LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Catherine Lassesen wrote:

> This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> In the years of showing horses, only at the World APHA and AQHA and Congress
> are there a list of the horses and competitors with the naming of the sire
> and dam of the horse.

Because, I suppose, people wanted to know the parentage of the horses that
qualified for shows at that level.

> At the state level shows, there is not the extensive background on the
> horses.  I prefer the blind judging of the horses. Let the judge, judge them
> first! Then tell the judge the bloodlines and owners afterwards.

I would think that it would be possible for the judge not to receive a copy of
the program which contained the lineage. (Although, remember the little joke
about the competition between Heaven's horses and Satan's horses ;-)

>  I am sure the show staff of the MT, VT, MN and CA shows would welcome extra
> volunteers to help do the work.

No doubt, I intend to as soon as I quit my "real" job!

> Catherine Lassesen of Hestehaven. Where we are very proud of our off spring
> by SVEN, ANVIL'S RIKOLV, SLEIPNER and soon to be TRINITY'S SAMSTEIN.

Now you're talkin'!  Go girl!

Beth
Starfire Farm