This message is from: "Catherine Lassesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

In the years of showing horses, only at the World APHA and AQHA and Congress
are there a list of the horses and competitors with the naming of the sire
and dam of the horse.  At the state level shows, there is not the extensive
background on the horses.  I prefer the blind judging of the horses. Let the
judge, judge them first! Then tell the judge the bloodlines and owners
afterwards.  Hard to do when we have such a small amount of Fjords and
Judges.

Carol, if you want a program like that at a show. Get on the show staff and
help produce one! I am sure the show staff of the MT, VT, MN and CA shows
would welcome extra volunteers to help do the work.  I am sure that is why
most of our Fjord shows do not have such extensive programs. The other way
would be to sponsor and donate enough money to have the program produced by
a professional.  I know that our small Fjordings West group could use the
money and get your program printed up with breeding backgrounds of the
horses shown there.  Of course, it would depend on the amount of pre-entry
and IF the owners send in copies of paperwork.

Anyone out there willing to do the work. Type Up and Volunteer!

Catherine Lassesen of Hestehaven. Where we are very proud of our off spring
by SVEN, ANVIL'S RIKOLV, SLEIPNER and soon to be TRINITY'S SAMSTEIN. (did I
spell his name right?)