This message is from: "Starfire Farm, LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean Ernest wrote:

> My main riding horse is Bjorken, 15-2, who I raised.  Gelded at 11 months
> but not weaned until 14 months, maybe he grew taller than he would have if
> he hadn't been gelded until 2 or 3 and weaned much earlier.

I've heard that the long bones of geldings grow more than those of stallions
and mares.  I don't know if there have been any studies regarding this.

> He suits me just fine.

Great horses come in packages of all sizes.

> Lisa said we looked real good when I was riding Adel in the lesson last
> Friday.

Good for you!  We have "big" horses here also, of the warmblood/thoroughbred
variety.  I am constantly amazed at how well taller and larger people look on
fjords.  It's just one of the reasons we really love 'em.

Beth
Starfire Farm