This message is from:
*/-999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Denise Delgado wrote:

> This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> hello everyone on the list,  i have a question about fjords in particular.
> are they more herd bound than other horses?  i have two geldings.  one,
> knute, we got first from lisa p.  he is  8.  then we got the fever and
> decided knute needed a partner in crime.  so about 6 weeks ago  quinn
> arrived from canada and bo-fjords.  he is just 2.  immediately they took to
> one another and if they could,  they would hug eachother.  they epitomize
> the word, "PALS. "   when we take one out to ride or to work on some part of
> their training, patterns, wash, whatever, the other one goes  bonkers!
> knute does this more than quinny, but both of them really put up quite a
> fuss.  i've not seen regular horses make such a big deal over being
> separated.  these two guys whinny back and forth for 30 minutes or more!  we
> still take them out together too and they are both gentlemen.  but i refuse
> to take both of them out together if i am riding alone, as ponying the
> second one would be a real hassle.  anyone have similar stories about this
> breed?   denise delgado and the boys, knute and quinn.
Hi Denise,  Your NOT alone - All the horses I have ever had do the same
thing.  When I leave one behind they yell for hours, but I go anyway,
they don't call me "Mercyless Carol" for nothing! (that's anickname my
kids gave me behind my back).  I do feel sorry for the folks who stay
back at horse camp while we ride - no nap time for them!