This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 10:32 PM 7/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is from Sue Clark-Sorger to Mike May and anyone else who might
have experienced a similar problem.
I own a fjord mare who is registered with the Fjordhorse Breeders of America.
I would like very much to register her with NFHR. Her sire was Ole and he
was/is registered   with the NFHR, her dam was Viola she wasn't registered,
but her sire  Knut and dam Vindy were. Viola is dead so there in lies my
problem. Mike is there a way to use the DNA already taken from her sire and
the DNA from her grandparents on her bottom line and some from Katrina to
prove that she came from those lines so I can register her.? I am sure it
would be expensive but is it possible.?

I checked with the lab on this and I think I have some good news for you. I didn't know this could be done either but here is the answer I got back from Mary Williams at the Vet Genetics lab on it:

We can PV an offspring with a type for one parent and types for
the grandparents........just email me the info and it happens.

So if you want to register her with the NFHR it may in fact be possible. If you want to pursue this please send in the Registration Application with all of the necessary paperwork, the fee's & a copy of the Registration papers for the horses in the pedigree. This isn't a guarantee that it can be done. Just that it might be possible if everything checks out correctly. Let me know if you want to give it a try.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114