This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 10:32 PM 7/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is from Sue Clark-Sorger to Mike May and anyone else who might
have experienced a similar problem.
I own a fjord mare who is registered with the Fjordhorse Breeders of America.
I would like very much to register her with NFHR. Her sire was Ole and he
was/is registered   with the NFHR, her dam was Viola she wasn't registered,
but her sire  Knut and dam Vindy were. Viola is dead so there in lies my
problem. Mike is there a way to use the DNA already taken from her sire and
the DNA from her grandparents on her bottom line and some from Katrina to
prove that she came from those lines so I can register her.? I am sure it
would be expensive but is it possible.?

Well I am not really sure if that is possible or not. I can call the lab and see what they might be able to do though. I have had a DNA type derived for the deceased stallion Dragtind. They needed a list of any of his descendents that were already DNA typed. If I remember right they wanted at least 5 though. Does Viola have any other offspring that you know of?

I understand I can register her in Canada and then have her DNA tested and
then should I breed her to an NFHR stallion her foals can be registered. Is
this true?

Yes that would work if Canada will accept her pedigree as correct.

She is a wonderful mare

It sure sounds like it from your description of her. You have done a lot with her. Nice to hear she has a nice home now.

Aren't fjords wonderful.

They are the best as far as I am concerned.

My other fjord is registered with the NFHR. Someone said in a previous
message that fjords are addictive, aren't they though.

They sure seem to be for sure. Like Potato Chips I have heard. You can't have just one...

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114