This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/13/99 1:15:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> My father-in-law is 6'8" and I don't see him riding a Fjord.
I put my 6'1" 280lb husband on my 14 hand fjord and he (the horse) had no
problem.  I also put him on my more slender appy mare and she was comfortable
with him also.  It has to do with BALANCE not size.  I have seen peanut kids
cause my fjord more discomfort due to their lack of balance and coordination.
 Please remember that adults are aware of their size and tend to be more
cautious about their riding.  In fact I have had to tell a few of my adult
riders to become more aggressive or the horse will take advantage of them!
Kate