This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

OK, OK, you guys.  I'm looking into things. :)

I just finished catering a friend's wedding and told myself and the
"spiritual powers that be" that I would NEVER take on a project like this
again without adequate consideration of my available time!  So I'm
committing to nothing YET.

However, lots of enthusiasm from you might just encourage me to take steps
in that direction. :)

I will contact Alexandra about possibly doing a clinic at Turlock or Libby.
Not optimistic about doing a hands-on full-blown clinic this year, as I
assume it would be difficult to work things into the schedule without more
advance notice.  Ideally we would plan ahead to take an extra day for the
clinic, probably before the show starts.  That would require everyone to
rearrange their plans to come a day early or stay late.  Probably a bit late
for that.

I will also contact Sherrie Dayton  at<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and see about Libby
scheduling - and Sami about Turlock.

The other alternative would be to try to organize some kind of demo - and an
"information booth."  I wrote Ceacy to see if she is planning on being at
Libby and could do a brief demo.  Ideally there would be a clicker trained
horse available to demonstrate the more advanced stuff.  The early training
could be demonstrated on Fjord guinea pigs who "volunteered" from the
"audience."  Or we could even try a demo/hands on clinic on some volunteer
chickens.  (Chickens are, apparently, ideal subjects for practicing clicker
technique - which can then be extrapolated to horses, children, husbands,
wives, etc.).

If all else failed, I could attempt a demo myself - with the audience
providing massive positive reinforcement and moral support. :)

We could also arrange to show one or more of the videos on clicker training
during the evenings (rent a TV-VCR combo and set up in the "camp area").
And write a simple "how to" sheet, plus add material on Internet resources.
Also sell books.  Alexandra has her "full blown" book for $24.95 (+/-) and,
also, a starter booklet for $8.95.

Perhaps Steve and Cynthia could donate a home video of Tank's
accomplishments to show as well.  We could sell giant posters of Tank
retrieving his stall ball? :) And, isn't there a video somewhere of
Alexandra's demo with Ceacy's horses at Equitana?

So... I'm not promising anything beyond making some initial contacts.  But
these are possibilities thrown out for feedback.

Ruthie - will send you some Internet sites in a bit.  Alexandra has a post
on getting started in clicker training that would probably get you started.

>I contacted Sherrie Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> who is in charge of scheduling
>for the Libby show and asked if a clicker training session would be a
>possibility this year. She said there might be an opening on Friday so if
>anyone feels so inclined they might contact her about it.

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]