This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello.  My name's Tami.  I've been mostly a lurker since joining the list and
I've loved the postings.  I am in the process of purchasing a Fjord filly and
have some questions regarding tack.  Most of my experience has been with
warmbloods so please pardon my seeming elementary questions.

Do the Fjords take a standard horse sized bridle or do they require a larger
one?
How do English saddles generally fit them?
Do they require wide trees or any special fittings?
Anyone who has jumped with their Fjords (stadium and cross country) have you
found that      they need croupers or breast plates?
Regarding splint boots and such do the Fjords tend to need larger sizes or
are standard    horse sizes large enough?
Any other tack advice that you have for me would be most welcome.

I also have some training questions.  The filly will be almost a year and a
half when I am able to bring her up here from CA. I hear mention of ground
driving a lot in the postings.  Is that an important step in their training?
I have not ever driven a horse and do not know if I will train Soroya (the
filly) to drive.  Is she going to "miss" that?  What I want to do with her is
some lower level eventing, lots of trails, and some dressage.  I have it in
my head to show that horses other than bay warmbloods can do the stuff too.

Sorry this was so long.  Any advice/help would be most welcome.

Tami in Newberg, OR where it appears that summer has FINALLY arrived.