[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  By the way I have collected bits for
 twenty years and have well over a thousand.  Armored horse bits, many
 patented bits.  Its a fascinating hobby, seeing all the ways people have
 tried to control the horse. Interestingly my oldest bit, Luristan 1200 BC is
 a plain bronze "broken" snaffle...  Jean

WOW! How neat, Jean!

You never know what hobbies you will end up in. Funny as you say, your oldest
bit is the simplest. Too bad I'm not in AK, I'd be knocking on your door to
see the collection : )

Brigid