This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Oh, my, aren't we all so much wiser than when we were young, when we thought
we knew it all. When I was a kid, I wouldn't be seen dead in a hard hat
unless forced by show rules or whatever.  Now, many years and wrecks later,
"being seen dead without one" seems like a real possibility!
        I was a little dismayed at Equitana to find some of the most popular
teachers (notably Pat Parelli) who rode with no hard hat, as well as having a
couple dozen students there with no hat either.  I realize he is a "cowboy"
and they just don't - but he is also a role model for all of those folks
there watching him.  Seems like he could make an exception for the sake of
teaching safety - it's such a simple thing, but would be a meaningful gesture
to all those there who admire him.
        Not to criticize Mr. Parelli - I was very impressed with his demo.
Anyone who can get such consistant results with his own horses as well as
student-trained horses is doing something right.